I think I’ve snorted a gram of glamour dust in the process of making this card. It’s a lot lighter than regular glitter and I’ve managed to get it everywhere!
Every time I use glitter I remember seeing a sig line one someone’s SCS profile stating that glitter is the STD of crafting. They certainly got that right!
I only have a couple of days left before I jet off on vacation with my husband. We’re meeting up with my brothers and their wives to go on vacation so there won’t be much happening on the old bloggaroo for a little while.
I had hoped to get a few projects done and autopost them like I did when I went on holidays last year but I’ve been so busy at work that I haven’t wanted to spend a lot of time on cards lately. I hope you won’t forget about me while I’m gone!
In the meantime, I do still have a project or two to share…here is today’s card:
Some quick details:
I used some K&Co Carolyn Gavin paper – it was from last year but her stuff is the bomb and I never get tired of looking at it. The heart panel is the other side of the floral paper. Double sided paper is awesome for matching patterns.
The image is the first digi stamp I’ve ever used. I just searched for freebies on the internet and found this. I want to say it’s whimsie doodles but I could be wrong. I wanted to see if the ink in my printer was compatible with copic markers – it is. I only have about a dozen markers at the moment so I chose an image that would work with the few colours I have. Colouring with copics is very new to me and right now I’m not very good. My understanding is that there is a learning curve so I haven’t given up hope yet and I really like the vibrant colours.
I quickly stitched around the heart panel, glittered up the turtle, rose and around the sentiment and triple-stacked some prima flowers for an embellishment. I added a little glitter to the top flower (as is my habit of late) and also glittered the centre of the brad (the glue is not quite dry in the picture). I stuck a Maya road heart pin through the back of the brad and glued an earring back to the bottom of the pin. (I have yet to find an affordable source for clutches so I’m using earring backs – not quite as pretty but it’s just a card, people!)
I saw a cute trick either on SCS or someone’s blog (sorry, bad memory!) about flipping over the top prima flower to get a little extra dimension. It really works great! You’ll see this from my quite a bit in the future.
That’s about it for details. Enjoy your day!