Before I start yammering on about my card, please note that I do explain how to make the wrinkle ribbon I featured yesterday at the end of this post.

The hardest part about being on a design team (so far) is having to wait to put your projects on your own personal blog.

This month I’m using the PaperCard Kit for July to make all the creations I’m sharing on the blog.  You never know what colours/paper line you’ll be working with but I was lucky to get Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety this month (I love CC papers and the colours in this kit are the kind I like to work with) so I don’t think I’ll have too much trouble.

I made this little number for my post on PaperWorks Co blog today:

I knew I wanted to use Zoe The Swimmer as my stamp and there are several patterns in the kit that are not specific to garden stuff (well, they might have flowers but they’re not obviously referencing gardening) so I just picked the cute yellow paper (it’s called Sunshine) as I wanted to colour Zoe’s fins (or flippers if you prefer) yellow.

I also made the huge embellishment behind Zoe – It was quick and easy – I just cut two circles out of my nestabilities dies (I placed the smaller die in the middle on each cut so I wouldn’t have to run the circle through the machine an extra time), snipped some red sections from one and glued them to the white circle and then set some eyelets and threadede them with crochet thread.  It only took a couple of minutes to make.

I started working on the actual layout at that point and realized I didn’t want to cover any more of my awesome (thank you…) life saver with a sentiment so I just stamped it all around the edges of another layer of cardstock.  I think it turned out quite cute!

Wrinkle Ribbon:

I had a request to share how I made my wrinkle ribbon featured on yesterday’s post. (thanks for asking!)

I certainly didn’t come up with the idea of making wrinkle ribbon and I made mine based on three different tutorials I saw and simply adapted them as inexpensively as I could.

What I did:

I ordered some Hug Snug from New York  and was really impressed with the service.  I ordered it on the 14th of June and received it  on the 22nd.  It shipped the same day I ordered it – things just take extra time to get to me due to living on the island of Newfoundland. (it’s a fair trade though!  I love living here)  Including shipping I paid about $14 CAD for 100 yards of seam binding.

I cut a 3-yard section of seam binding and sprayed it with water to moisten it and wrinkle it up a bit (I just put the binding in a plastic container to keep the dye from messing up my room.)  To make each colour, I used three different dye concoctions.  I half-filled 3 mini misters with water and put 4 drops of SU ink in each one (for the yellow I used barely banana, so saffron and more mustard)  I sprayed barely banana pretty much over all of one piece of binding and then I randomly sprayed so saffron here and there on the same piece.  I finished up by randomly spraying more mustard on the ribbon.  I then balled up the ribbon and gave it a quick squeeze with a paper towel and dried it using my heat gun (be careful – it didn’t happen to me but rayon does melt)  I was sure to keep scrunching the binding while I dried it and I stopped before it was completely dry.  I then balled it up and set it aside for an hour or so to make sure some crinkle remained.

 For the green I used green galore, certainly celery and garden green.

For the red I used rose red, ruby red and riding hood red.

If you don’t feel like checking out yesterday’s post, here’s a picture of my ribbon:

I think if I used Ranger distress inks the variations of colour would be more noticable.  The SU inks probably run into each other too much to keep individual shades.  I didn’t care – SU ink is what I’ve got on hand.  I didn’t run out and buy special ink.

You could add some perfect pearls to the mix if you wanted to make the ribbon shimmery…I’m happy with what I’ve got.

I WILL be making something tomorrow…just don’t know what yet!