Plodding along with the holiday gifts – I am not making quite as much progress as I’d like (mojo is not always with me these days) but I do have a good start on things and I am not at mid-November yet so everything is currently under control!

I bought a few wooden frames at Michael’s a few months ago in hopes that I could make some cute gifts with them.  The image area on the frames is only 3.5X3.5″ so it’s not too intimidating to find a way to fill the space.  I used a JustRite image that I bought a couple of years ago and never inked up before to make my first frame.  Originally, I used white craft ink but it didn’t pop enough on the red cardstock for me so I switched over to white embossing powder and got a much more visible image:

The frames are on quite an angle so it was difficult to take a picture in good lighting (I’m really only set up for cards – if something is too tall, my lights don’t reach high enough to light up the entire project).

Once the frame was painted (I used an off-white paint called “Tapioca” from Folk Art), the project worked up super-quickly.  I traced the patterned paper, cut it out, glued it with mono multi (still can’t get Zip Dry to work worth a darn) and sanded the edges flush with the frame.  The jingle bells were painted and glittered and I used a glue gun to attach them to the frame.

This was my first attempt and I felt I could do better so I scrounged around my craft room and came up with another version…which I’ll share with you tomorrow.  😉