Woohoo!  I’ve been waiting for AGES to get my hands on some Greeting Farm stamps and yesterday was finally the day.

My favourite online retailer is now carrying these stamps so I couldn’t resist adding a couple to my last order (okay, I got 4!).  I couldn’t decide which one to ink up first but I did manage to get them all trimmed last night and stamped out images from two of them.

Coincidentally, one of the images is Princess Anya and JUST TODAY I was asked to make a card with a “Queen theme”…how could I not use Anya?

Here’s the end result (note: this is a larger 6.5X5” card – these Greeting Farm stamps are huge!):

My colouring is hybrid – Copic markers on the skin and watercolouring for the hair.  I don’t have many copics and have resisited them for some time but I do struggle with skin tones so decided to get a few for that purpose.  If I get any better at colouring I’ll pick up a few more.

The dress is paper-pieced from the same SU DP I used for the background.  I was supposed to make a pink and purple card but I worked on another project last night that used pink and purple so I wasn’t in the mood to use the same colours again today…I did incorporate pink and purple but there is a nice splash of yellow in there too.

I stitched around the yellow panel on the background (just ’cause I could!) and glitterified (it’s a word!) the crown and sceptre (or scepter for my US readers)  I also coloured some of the purple accents on the dress with a regal rose marker to add more pink to the patterned paper (I did the same thing with the yellow background panel too…it’s a cheap, fast, easy way to customize patterned paper)

I layered two Prima flowers and added a little more glitter to the brad that fastens them to the card.  The sentiment on the front is computer-generated as my “client” wanted a specific sentiment.

I think this one turned out quite cute and I am in LOVE with these GF stamps.  I should hide my wallet ’cause I’m going to need more.