watecolour monster banner

Bit of a misnomer as the monster wasn’t actually watercoloured but I’m sure having a fun time making watercolour backgrounds using embossing folders!

I did 6 of them yesterday as an experiment.  The third “best” (or fourth worst!) was used on yesterday’s card and I used my favourite today.  I have one more that’s card-worthy but the other three were not keepers.

Here’s today’s card:

watercolour monster

The monster was fussy cut and a second body was coloured and fussy cut, then adhered to the first monster with dimensional foam.  I had some doodlebug washi tape and enamel dot’s that were perfect for the card so I added them in the upper right-hand corner.

It was weird not to use any patterned paper – I have so much that I try to use it whenever I can.  That’s the main reason I haven’t totally converted to “clean and simple” cards.  I really like them but I’m addicted to patterned paper! (and enamel dots)

Now to work out what I’m going to do with that last watercolour background…